Hair loss is a common problem that impacts many people, both men, and women across the globe. However, everyone experiences it differently. Men experience a common hair loss which is also referred to as male pattern baldness. Women experience hair thinning. It is normal to lose about 100 to 150 strands of hair in a day; it only becomes a problem when newer ones do not replace these lost strands. When you begin to experience hair loss, you might try everything to reduce the impact and regrow the lost hair. However, most of these remedies are not always helpful. Hair Restoration Toronto is one of the most effective ways to combat hair loss. Following are some of the effective solutions are for hair loss that you can consider.
- Spray on or Wigs: This is a temporary solution for hair loss. You can either wear a wig or apply a spray onto your head whenever needed. However, doing this daily can be a very costly affair and can cost up to tens of thousands of dollars.
- Light Therapy: This type of therapy makes use of different spectrums of light to strengthen the remaining hair. Light therapy strengthens the remaining hair, and it doesn’t help prevent further hair loss.
- Invasive Surgery: The invasive surgery method is also referred to as FUT, also known as the strip method. It is a type of hair transplant in which a strip of hair follicles is harvested by removing the scalp. These strips are usually taken from the back of the head or the sides. These areas have follicles that are highly resistant to falling. The harvested strip is then placed into the area where you are experiencing hair loss. This type of method requires a more extended downtime and leaves behind visible scarring.
- Topical Treatment: Minoxidil is one of the most popular topical treatments for hair loss. It is available in two forms – as a topical foam and as a quick which is to be applied to the crown of the head. The minoxidil helps in the prevention of hair loss. While applying this, one should be careful as it needs to be used only to the crown area. The topical treatment works as long as you continue, and once you stop, the hair loss will begin again.
- Prescription Medication: Propecia is one of the most popular oral medications prescribed to men to stop hair loss. There are severe side effects associated with it, like loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, and an increased chance of aggressive prostate cancer. Once you stop taking the medication, hair loss will continue.
- FUE: Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE is one of the most effective ways to getting a fuller head of hair. In FUE, small incisions are made on the donor site. Each follicle is extracted and carefully transplanted into the recipient site to give you a natural-looking fuller head of hair. There is minimal visible scarring and downtime.